Winter skin care tips and homemade remedies
The cold winds outside is reason enough for our skin to lose its flexibility become dehydrated and feel dry and chapped making our skin unhealthy. Weather changes, pollution, harmful rays can create havoc until unless we take precautionary measures to keep our skin protected and healthy.
Many of us face the problem of dry, itchy skin during winters and if left untreated it can lead to leakage of blood due to extreme dryness. Your kitchen is the best place for natural ingredients that work very well on dry skin. Natural moisturizers like honey, glycerin, milk can be used directly or in a mixture to moisturize dry skin leaving your skin soft and supple.
Skin care tips
- Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water, juices but limit your intake of alcoholic and aerated drinks.
- Keep your body covered with warm clothes so not much of your skin gets exposed to the harsh cold winds.
- Avoid hot water baths as they strip the body of natural moisture leaving the skin feeling dry and inflexible.
- Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables to get proper nutrients.
- Use natural moistures like butter, oil, honey over chemical ones.
- Include food rich in Vitamin A and Vitamin E in your diet.
- Chapped lips are a major issue with most especially during winters. Use soft lip scrub for your lips and keep them moisturized with petroleum jelly.
- Wear a good sunscreen. Just because it’s winter you cannot put away the sunscreen, make it a daily routine to wear sunscreen.
- Exercise is a must be it any season as it helps you stay fit, improve the blood circulation that ultimately reflects on your skin.
- Eat healthy, stay hydrated, exercise regularly and be happy, your skin is a reflection of your inner health so take it from the top.
- Keep your body moisturized especially the exposed parts like your hands, nails, feet and lips. Even if you have oily skin you must moisturize after cleaning up.
Besides following these above mentioned simple winters care tips you can also use home remedies to keep your skin moisturized leaving it feeling soft and supple.
Homemade mask that work well as moisturizers cleaning and clearing the skin leaving you glowing.
- Honey and rose water face pack
Mix one teaspoon of honey with one teaspoon of rosewater in a bowl and apply it on your face and neck. Not only does it work wonderfully to treat dryness it also cleanses the skin bringing out your natural glow.
- Oil massage
You might be having different varieties of oil in your house be it coconut, olive, mustard or almond. Take any oil that works well for your body and apply it over your skin. Massage gently before going for a bath. When you step out of the shower your skin will still feel soft and smooth.
- Egg yolk mask
Separate one egg yolk from egg white and mix the yolk with one teaspoon of honey and milk powder each. Mix them well and apply it over your face and neck leaving the eyes and lips. Let it dry and then wash with water after twenty minutes.
- Aloe Vera gel
Aloe Vera is one natural product that is being used in health and beauty products left, right, center. Many products come with the benefits of Aloe gel but it works best when used naturally. Take out the gel from the aloe plant and apply it on your face for 15 to 20 minutes. Just slice open the leaf and squeeze out the gel. Not only it acts as a moisturizer but also gives a softness and vibrant look to your skin.
- Almond paste
Soak a few almonds overnight, then peel off its skin and grind in to a paste. Add raw milk, two teaspoon of lemon juice, a little gram flour to the almond paste and mix it all well. Apply it on your face and neck for at least twenty minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water. Not only it moisturizes dry skin but also improves skin tone.
- Oatmeal face pack
Winter brings with it cold winds that does not let the dirt rise up and they stick to skin and clog the pores. Oatmeal pack clears the pores removing dirt from them. Take half a cup of oatmeal add a pinch of turmeric and a few drops of lemon juice to it. Blend it in to a thick paste and apply it on your face for 15 minutes, rinse it with lukewarm water.